Financial & Fund Accountant 9 to 12 month contract, Private Equity
One of the longest established private equity firms operating in Europe is looking to hire a 9-12mth FTC Financial & Fun Accountant. They are based in central London and cover investments across Europe, the firm is split broadly 50/50 between investment team/investor relations and support functions.
As the financial accountant you will fulfil a dual role within the finance team, supporting both the funds and corporate accounting functions.
- Preparation of fund accounts, supplemental reports and investor statements
- Responding to investor queries and audit confirmation requests
- Cash management including payments made to/from the funds and monitoring cash flows in relation to both investment acquisitions and realisations
- Assisting with the half-year and annual audit processes of the funds
- Assisting with the submission of information to our UK, US and German tax advisors in relation to the annual fund tax reporting requirements
- Assisting with fund administration and operations
- Generally assisting with all ancillary matters concerning the funds
- Assisting with the preparation of the monthly management accounts
- Assisting with the statutory audit process of the Group, consisting of individual and consolidated financial statements in accordance with UK GAAP
- Assisting with UK corporate tax reporting including VAT
- Cash management
- Generally assisting with all ancillary matters concerning the corporate accounting function.
What we’re looking for:
- An individual who is interested in working in private equity
- Newly qualified or part qualified/finalist
- Highly numerate, with an “eye for detail”
- Diligent and conscientious
- Strong interpersonal and written communication skills
- Ability to deliver to tight deadlines
- Willingness to work autonomously and take the initiative
- Able to work cohesively within a small close-knit finance team.
*Note that we do not expect that candidates will have had experience across all the responsibilities outlined above. However, we are seeking candidates who will be able to learn on the job quickly and take responsibility in this new role.